Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random Thoughts Vol. 16

Yes, I do remember that I have a blog. To be honest, my blog is probably suffering due to my Facebook addiction. See, my blog requires that I form thoughts and then type them - Facebook has no such expectation of me. Plus Facebook allows me to almost daily chat with Jenny Harville. To my blog I can only say, "what have you done for me lately?" That was too harsh, sorry Blog!

Here are some random thoughts, no particular order. I'll say our family is still basking in the goodness of God concerning the contract extension for our adoption. I'm looking forward to the holidays now where as before I would say I wasn't so much. Can you believe only 36 more days until Christmas? Facebook told me that.

I don't have a whole lot to say about the election. I did not vote for the newly elected president, but I will pray for him. My sense about our country on a whole in a variety of ways is that the church needs to step up to the plate and start living this Christian life for real. It's the best way to show Christ to those around us. I'm challenged to think that I may be the only contact some people have with Jesus. So, I need to KNOW Jesus more and SHOW Jesus more!

Our daily lives are a smattering of running Max to preschool, homeschooling, music lessons, church, and then all the mundane things like groceries, laundry, and housecleaning. Probably why this random thoughts is as dull as it is.

This Sunday we will celebrate Thanksgiving with Ryan's family. On the actual day we will be at my mom's with some of my family. Who knows who will be there for sure? Thanksgiving, for reasons I won't go into, is not my favorite holiday. But Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is my favorite Thanksgiving movie. In spite of my lack of enthusiasm for the holiday, I, however, will say that I have much for which to be thankful, more than I could probably even list. God is good and extravagant!

Today I got a laugh when I saw this video on entertainment weekly's blog. Some day when the kids are gone from home Ryan and I will drive around and do this. Enjoy! Oh, and have a blessed Thanksgiving! Gobble, Gobble!



No comments: