Time has been flying by here, as I'm sure it has been for all of you. The night of Madison's birthday, my nephew, Sam, got married. He was home for 6 days of leave from the Army and married a lovely girl named Aubree. They are now headed to New York state, where they will be until fall, when Sam gets deployed. Strange to think that Sam will be serving our country in the Middle East...is he truly old enough for such things? Wow, I'm getting old.
My uncle Junior passed away earlier this month. He was one of my mom's older brothers. He was a great guy, and I truly loved him. He was one of those people who was on your side. Regardless of who you were and how much you may have messed up in the past, Uncle Junior was behind you, believing the best of you. That's a great quality to have. He also faithfully served in the U.S. Navy for over 20 years, and it was neat to see them honor that at his funeral.
Michael had his first guitar recital a couple of weeks ago. He was the only guitar student who played that day (there were a ton of piano students). The selection - "She'll be Coming 'round the Mountain when She comes". He did a great job, and I was so proud of him I could have cried.
Max's last day of preschool was last Wednesday. They had the graduation ceremony, followed by cake and punch, which was a highlight for Max. He did a great job this year, and has improved so much and gained so much confidence. It's so fun to see him grow and experience new things. I won't even mention how hard it is to believe he is now a kindergartner. Or how sad it makes me that my baby isn't a baby anymore...NEXT TOPIC, QUICK!
We finished our school year last Friday. We are all soooo glad! Summer break is exactly what we need. We spent the last day of school in Chicago. Ryan took the day off and we went to Lincoln Park Zoo. The weather was perfect! After the zoo we headed to Millennium Park to check out "The Bean", and then walked to Buckingham Fountain. It was such a great day, a day I will treasure. I'm so blessed to have Ryan and the kids - God is good.

1 comment:
I love reading your entries! :)
Post a Comment