
Kudos to you if you're still checking this blog. I have no excuses. All I will say is that time flies when you're having fun, and I've been having fun. Thus, time is flying. Hence the trite saying. Anyway...
How are you? I hope you're well. God is good, gracious, and compassionate, and that is where I am dwelling these days. Our summer has been filled with Bible school, swimming lessons, church camp, 4-H, a trip to southern Indiana, family, friends, reunions with college friends, and all the other good stuff of life. I've loved the cooler weather, and days of just hanging out with the family. It's been a good time.
People keep asking me if we've heard any news out of Guatemala. The answer is no - sad, but true. I keep praying and talking to God about it all. I'm very content and at peace, yet my heart still has desires, so that is what the Lord and I discuss. I know that He can do anything - birth possibilities out of impossibilities, so I'll just wait on Him. Thanks for those who ask, and who are still praying. You are awesome!
The picture above is of "downtown" Yei, Sudan. On August 30th, I'll be leaving on a jet plane and making the trek to Africa - someplace I NEVER expected, or even really wanted, to visit. God has surprised me with this opportunity, and I'm very excited. I'll be traveling with 2 pastors and another woman from our church. We will work with a pastor in Sudan with whom we have established a relationship. There will be a leadership training, some teacher training, an art project at an orphanage, and who really know what else will happen. I'm personally praying that there will be a lot of prophetic things happening - supernatural ways that God wants to use us there. I also plan to pray my guts out for the people and for the country. I've committed to leave everything "on the playing field" so to speak. My agenda each day is to empty myself of everything God has given me and the next day do it all over again. I'm going to make the most of this opportunity - "while it is still day, I must do the work of him who sent me". Now, if I could just apply this to my daily life, I might really start making an impact!
So, I'm preparing for the trip, and for the fact that the trip will blow my mind. If you are inclined to pray, I would love and appreciate it! Let me know in the comments, and I'll try to keep you posted on important information. Thanks in advance for being awesome!
Finally, thanks to my super cool friend, Jenny Potts, here is what is making me laugh lately:

4 comments:
Dawn,
I am so excited for your trip to Sudan. I have actually always wanted to go to Africa, but have not made it yet!! I will praying for you. How many days will you be there? I hope you make good time on the way there ;)
Michelle
I still check your blog, Dawn. :) And I miss your great laugh!! Any plans to hang with the Holts this fall?
I still check in here from time to time. I'm so excited about your trip. How long will you be gone? Is there anything you need like supplies or $$? If you feel any specific prayer requests, please let me know before you leave.
-cheri
p/s I've thought about you and Debbie on an off this weekend because it was a year ago that you guys came down for the conference.
How awesome Dawn. I will be praying for your trip. Can't wait to hear about it.
Post a Comment