Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Random Thoughts Vol. 12

Hi everyone! I have a plethora of random thoughts in my head, so here we go!

One of my favorite parts of our vacation was that in the car I would read aloud to Ryan from a book called The Final Quest by Rick Joyner. Since it wasn't very long, we were able to complete the whole book. It's about a prophetic dream that Rick Joyner had over a period of time, and it's a truly fascinating book. I was glad to have read it, and glad that Ryan and I were able to experience it together. I recommend it to anyone who likes things of prophetic interest. It was amazing!

Last Saturday, since we missed it due to vacation, I watched the season finale of Lost online. I watched it not only once, but twice. I could hardly wait to watch it, so I watched it in the afternoon alone, and again that night with Ryan. My personal opinion - I LOVED IT. It was a very satisfying end to the season, and set up for next year. I will greatly miss the show, but Heroes will be back in the fall, so that will make things better. Since I don't want to be a spoiler, I will cryptically say to those of you who watch Lost, I DID NOT until I saw for myself, know who was in that coffin. Yeehaw!!!

On Sunday, my nephew, Josh, graduated from high school. For those who know my family, Josh is my brother John's son. So, I made my second trip back to Jimtown High since I graduated from there myself 18 years ago. We were all so proud of Josh, and glad to share this day with him. Here's our family with Josh after the ceremony. (Mom Deak, Josh, John, John's girlfriend Michelle, Amy, Mark, Ryan, and Brenda in back; Chris and I are in front).

Madison's spring piano recital was last night. She's doing a great job, and it's fun to see her perform. It amazes me that she doesn't get nervous. Beforehand, she was just so excited to go. Here's a picture of her playing a piece with another student, and her teacher.

Finally, today I had my dad over for coffee since he's birthday was last week while we were gone. My sister Chris came as well, and when she did, she brought me this huge bouquet of peonies from their farm. They have huge peony bushes at their house, and they are so gorgeous. I love the color of the ones she brought me, and they have such a sweet and wonderful smell. I have such great sisters!

No comments: