Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day


I hope you had a great Fourth of July! We had a wonderful day as a family that included museums, cheesecake, brats on the grill, and fireworks. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend!

A couple of years ago I tutored a Venezulan couple who wanted to improve their English. Spending time talking to them really helped me to see my country from a new perspective. I have much to be thankful for because of living in the United States. May God shed His grace far and wide in this land!

The pictures are from when we went to fireworks in North Liberty tonight. I was taking pictures of everyone before it started, and Ryan asked if I wanted my picture taken. I said not by myself, so I asked Michael to take a picture of Ryan, Max, and Me. So, below is effort #1. I could tell that I wasn't in the picture and I'm just about to say something when he snaps it. The blob of red on Ryan's lap is Max. He wasn't very excited about the fireworks!

No comments: