Wednesday, April 2, 2008

American Idol - Dollywood


I remember one time seeing Dolly Parton interviewed on television and the person asking her if that was her hair. Dolly responded, "You bet it is, I paid for it!!!" How can a person not appreicate that kind of honest wit. I enjoyed Dolly night on American Idol, except I would have loved to have heard more of Dolly talking, because she makes me laugh. Who knew she had written so many songs, and many of them have beautiful lyrics.

So, here are my thoughts: I wish there had been a venue for me to put money down on Syesha singing "I will always love you". I would use it to buy a cricut. I think this song choice may be the death of her. Her only hope is that whoever has been voting for Ramiele realizes they've been misdialing. I wish it was double elimination and they could both go - Syesha for song choice alone. Kristy Lee did a nice job, and at least she's been more interesting to watch than Ramiele. But, her idol days are numbered. At least she can sing "God Bless the USA" on the tour this summer. I will say, I think Kristy Lee is the best dressed girl. Brooke sounded great, but Jolene is a song not to be smiled through. I read on ew.com an article with different Dolly quotes, and her explanation of this song is a riot! All I can say is, Jolene beat the crap out of Dolly, but Dolly kept her husband. Then Dolly went home and beat him up! RIOT! A final thought on the women: for the first time last night, I really liked Carly. I thought it was her best yet. Now, just some sleeves would be nice.

On to the men! Again, like Carly, for the first time, I really liked Michael Johns. I thought it was well done and more original than usual. David Cook and Jason Castro continue to be my favorites - I like their unique sounds. If I had an ipod, I'd download Jason's "Travelin' Thru". I'm a little worried about Jason, so for the first time this season, I voted for David C. and Jason while I watched the last sobfest filled hour of The Biggest Loser (this is a topic for another time, but this round of The Bigggest Loser has been very entertaining!). That just leaves me with Little David, and I just can't find the love. He seems like a nice boy, and he has a nice voice, but I don't enjoy his performances, and his voice is not as good as they say. If he wins, it will be a travesty. And no one over 12 will buy his records.

I want the bottom 3 to be Little David, Syesha, Ramiele.
I think it will be Kristy Lee, Syesha, Ramiele.
I think the bodyguard will kill Syesha (YOU SHOULD HAVE PICKED A DIFFERENT SONG!).

No comments: