
Hi again! Time for more random thoughts, and what will probably be my last post before leaving for vacation on Monday. Please try to survive without me. I know I will be trying to survive without internet access for a week. It's good for me!
Well, one of my two favorite contestants won American Idol. Congrats to David Cook! I truly feel he was the best over the entire competition. I missed most of the finale, but caught the stuff I missed on Youtube. All I can say is, why have George Michael sing a song that Carrie Underwood conquered on Idol Gives Back night? He had no hope of singing it as well as her, especially with the "cold" he mentioned that he had. Also, I laughed out loud when David Hernandez whispered "naked". Too funny! Oh, and one more thing, I'm glad Amanda Overmeyer won't be on the tour this summer. All those group sings might kill her!
Yesterday was our last day of school. We are all so excited! Our trip to Lincoln Park Zoo was fabulous, and I highly recommend it, especially if you're a big zoo person. The weather was great (a little cool for Madison, of course), and Michael loved getting a chance to be in downtown Chicago. It was a great way to finish off the school year. The picture above is of the kids in front of a cool building with a rainforest area.
The reason I missed the American Idol finale was because we were at the AWANA awards night. Our kids did a great job. They all completed their books, which is exciting. At the awards, Michael recited John 3:16 in front of everyone, and Madison received an award for good sportsmanship, since she's always smiling. Ryan and I were, of course, very proud. Way to go, kids!
Finally, I wanted to post one more picture. It is the wild flowers that I wrote about in my post "Potential". I thought you would like to see them. I call it "Beauty Realized". Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and week, and I'll fill you in on our vacation when we get back!

No comments:
Post a Comment