Friday, May 16, 2008

Taste Of Summer - Part Two

I took a picture of this hanging basket in the backyard because inevitably, deer will come and eat whatever flowers are in it.

My dad gave me this hosta a couple of years ago when he dug up some hostas at his house. It was being suffocated by the bush in the front yard, so I moved it to the flower garden in back. I love that we dug up this plant, chopped it into three parts, and put one third of it in a plastic bag, then drove it 25 minutes to our house, stuck it in the ground, and yet it lives! It also makes me think of Dad, and how we plant seeds in people's lives and we never really know what will grow, and we're sometimes surprised by the strength and beauty.

I took this picture because our kids have been playing with this empty paint rollers for weeks. Why do we ever buy toys?

Big Lots had these sidewalk paints on clearance for 50 cents a piece awhile back. Today we got them out with some old paint sponges and enjoyed painting the sidewalk and driveway.

I bought my hanging baskets for the porch at the Farmer's Market in Elkhart. They were 2 for $30 - about $20 cheaper than if I had bought something similar at Lowe's. You've gotta love flowers from the Amish (or were they Mennonite?). I thought I better take a picture since nearly every year a bird builds a nest in one of the baskets and the flowers end of dying because I can't water it enough with the bird in there.

No comments: