Saturday, March 28, 2009

Indy Trip


Last week we headed to Indy to check out some museums and take a break from our daily grind. We arrived on Wednesday night and enjoyed dinner and talking with my college friend, Jenny Harville. I'm so glad it worked out to spend some time with her and greatly enjoyed our talk. Thursday we headed to the Indiana State Museum (the above picture is from there), ate lunch at Circle Centre, and checked out the Indiana Civil War Museum (which is in the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, and as a bonus, has free admission). Friday was a day long excursion to the Children's Museum. It had been a while since we were there, and we enjoyed the temporary Lego Castle and Comic Book exhibits. The kids enjoyed swimming at the hotel, and I enjoyed being able to sit on the side and read a book while Madison and Michael played and swam. What a nice stage to get to! A good time was had by all - I just wish we had been away for longer, but hopefully we'll be able to take a vacation soon after we finish the school year (which is only 40 days away!)

By a Lego Knight at the Lego Castle Exhibit


Me, proudly displaying my comic I created at the Comic Book Exhibit. Madison was still working on hers.


Elton John and the kids ready for the 3-D Imax movie (which Max hated).


For all of you Lost fans: I totally was wishing I had a hooded cloak so that I could pose by this pendulum at the Indiana State Museum...just call me Eloise Hawking!

2 comments:

Arin said...

Your hair is longer...it looks so cute!!

Dawn said...

It's an optical illusion! I just flip it out instead of under. But thanks for the compliment!