Friday, May 16, 2008

Potential


Barren field, fallow and dry
Thistle bush, weeds, and dead, brittle branches
Scanning across, it all looks the same
Till my eyes land on that one isolated spot
Where life is emerging, ready to burst
A cluster of wild flowers-to-be
Anticipating their moment to arrive
I see it and one word fills my mind
POTENTIAL
I see the possibility
The hope
The inevitable
Beauty is coming
And because it is in the middle of this wasteland
It will stand out even more
In this place where only God could have placed it
In this dry, brittle place
There will be life
There will be beauty
And because of what will be,
For now, there is hope

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hi Dawn;

I love what you wrote...it reminds me of my own barren fields (my womb) and how God (in His timing) has brought about a harvest (of many children). He sees beyond the holds of this world and is able to make His Kingdom come and His will be done, if we are only willing.

be blessed my friend.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Dawn said...

Thanks for the comment, Kimmie. I'm learning so much about waiting on God to see what He has in store. He sees so much more possibility in life than I do!