
Well, American Idol's Beatles Night wasn't the complete disaster I thought it would be. In fact, in some ways it was pleasantly surprising. Here's my list, starting with my favorite:
1. Chikezie - Wow, I loved it! I've not been excited about him, but I thought this was great. I hope he sticks around and we see more great stuff like this.
2. Jason & Brooke - I like the same things about them, so I'm putting them together. I just enjoy the raw, not-so-powerhouse voices they each have. Jason's wasn't the best of his, but still I really enjoyed it. Brooke is growing on me week after week. I want one or both of them to go far in the competition.
3. David Cook & Carly - They seem similar to me as well. I think they both did a great job and I enjoyed listening to them. I'm okay with either of them going far in the competition.
Note a big gap here!
4. David Hernandez & Syesha - They both sang well, but their songs and performances weren't up to par with the others. I've never been a Syesha fan, so she can go at any time, but I would like David to stay so we can see him reach his potential, but I fear it may not happen.
5. Rocker Nurse - She gets this spot because at least I can say she isn't boring. I just don't thing she can last, however, since she can't truly sing.
6. Michael & Ramiele - Neither of them have blown me away and I find them both very boring. I won't be sad to see either of them leave.
7. Kristy Lee - It was a disaster, but I'll give her this - at least she tried. She was doomed if she did and doomed if she didn't. If she would have stood up there and sang the song straight, the judges would've creamed her for it. So, I look at it as at least she tried. And, she sang it fairly well and REMEMBERED ALL THE WORDS, which is why she's in this spot and not last. She is a top candidate to leave tonight, but history shows that sometimes America comes out in full force to give the train wreck one more week. I wouldn't be surprised to see the boring and forgettable Ramiele leave tonight instead of Kristy.
8. Little David - I just feel at this point it is completely unacceptable to forget the lyrics not once, not twice, but three times. This is a young man who won the Star Search competition, and has sung on national television other times. People have been destroyed for making less egregious mistakes in the past. I doubt he'll be voted out, but he should be - he not only forgot the words, but he didn't sing well.
So, I'm not sure if I'll watch tonight's results or just wait and find out on the internet after it's over. It can be unbearable to watch 57 minutes of filler to get 3 minutes of information. Feel free to leave comments telling me how much you agree or disagree with me!

No comments:
Post a Comment