Monday, March 31, 2008

Random Thoughts Vol. 7

It's Monday again, and it's been gloomy and rainy here. But, the temperature was warmer. So, if we can get the sun to come out on a warmer temp day, we might actually have Spring arrive. We had an enjoyable weekend of not having much to do, which was refreshing after being so busy the last few weeks. I went to the crop on Friday night and got a respectable amount done. I started a new album for Max and it is current now. I did a couple of pages in Michael's album as well. I just ordered some supplies online, since I am out of tape runner and page protectors. When I'm not so lazy, I'll post a couple of pictures of pages. I also started an album to put things in to document our adoption wait. I'll post some pictures from that as well.

This weekend also gave me time to get a lot of homeschool stuff accomplished. I planned the rest of the school year, organized the homeschool table, and caught up on some record keeping. Only 38 more days of school for the Morehouse Academy, which has us finishing up during the week prior to Memorial Day. We've planned a family vacation the week of Memorial Day, so that is perfect. Making the vacation arrangements was something else we accomplished this weekend. We're going to King's Island, The Creation Museum, and Spring Mill State Park in southern Indiana.

Yesterday was the official groundbreaking for our church's new building. We stood in the wind and rain while the leaders took the ceremonial shovels of dirt from the ground. It's exciting to think about that building and that property and all that God has in store. We're blessed to be a part of it.

I'm pumped up for Dolly Parton night on American Idol tomorrow, even though it won't include Chikezie singing "9 to 5" (a CLASSIC film, by the way). I was sad to see Chikezie go, since he was way more interesting than Ramiele, Kristy, or Syeshia. I'm hoping Jason steps up his game, Little David's game continues to drop, Carly stops being so desperate to win (have fun for pete's sake), and for David Cook to continue to be interesting (regardless of whose cover of songs he chooses). All I have to say is if one of those non-interesting girls sings "I will always love you", I might throw up. Here's hoping it can be avoided!

No comments: