Sunday, August 31, 2008

Life


I'm officially 36 years old! Funny, but it doesn't feel much different than 35. But, I am now on that downward spiral to 40. But I'm okay with that.

I had a great day. It began with the kids waking me up with presents - bubble bath, a candle, and a book light. They also brought the gift Ryan bought me, which was an MP3 player. Very fun! Then I headed to church and enjoyed a great time of prayer and worship, as well as a good message, and a Will Ferrell cowbell playing impersonation by our pastor. Classic! Then I headed to lunch with my family, Mom Deak, and Ed (aka Debbie). We enjoyed a great lunch at Logan's. I was able to have a great talk with Debbie, and then I enjoyed playing with my new MP3 player. I liked just playing around, chatting online with Jenny Harville, reading all the birthday wishes on Facebook, and being with my family. After I finish this I'm going to work on my scrapbooks for a while.

I took this timer shot of me and my family, because they are such an important part of why my life is so great. God has used them to be such a source of joy to me. I'm so grateful for each one of them. Above all this day, however, I'm so grateful to my God. He's been so good and so gracious. I praise him today for every good thing he's ever given me, and for every good thing he wants to give me from now on until eternity. What a privilege to be his child, his servant, and his friend. Thank you, Lord, for life - this one and the one to come!

No comments: