
I continue to be amazed by the graciousness and lavishness of my God's love. At our church today we watched a video, which basically helped drive home the powerful point that our God is HUGE and we are small. But the best part is that even though He's soooooo big, He cares intimately about us. It's unbelievable that the God of the universe cares so much for me. What's even more amazing, beyond all that He's already done, is that He will do precious, priceless things for us, just because He loves us. This happened to me on Saturday when I was at a prophetic workshop at church (which is a while other discussion for another time). Anyway, there was an activity at the workshop where each person drew two numbers - one representing them and one respresenting someone else in the room. We were to pray and listen for God to give us a prophetic word for the other person, not knowing who they were. When we were finished, we found out who had the number and gave them the paper with the words God had given us. So, I look at my paper, and everything on it is so beautiful and enouraging - precious words from my precious Lord. I felt so loved by Him! But, the last thing on the paper was the best of all. We've been preparing to sign the postponement contract for our adoption, and continuing to seek God and His assurances that we are doing what we should. It is such a leap of faith, and it could possibly end with us not getting a Guatemalan baby girl. When I got to the last sentence of my paper, my word from the Lord, it said, "Dwell on what you don't see." My heart just melted. So much love in those words, so much compassion. My God, who has already suffered and died for my sins, healed me in numerous ways, and blessed me far beyond what I deserve, decided, out of His goodness and love, to speak these precious words to me. I was so grateful, and continue to be grateful. This, my friends,is part of the frosting on my cupcake called life. God's sweetness poured over God's goodness - "taste and see that the Lord is good..."

No comments:
Post a Comment