
Much love to you all this Valentine's Day. It's always extra special here because Ryan and I got engaged on Valentine's Day. So, 12 years ago God gave me the gift of Ryan, a gift that will keep on giving until the end of time. What always amazes me when I receive gifts like this from God is that he doesn't have to do it. He's already given way more than He had to, way more than I deserve. So, these bonuses in life are especially sweet. I am aware, however, that this day can be puke-inducing for some - I was one of you once. All I can say is that our media and our society is full of images that depict love in a way that just isn't real. I see a commerical, or a tv show, and I'm like, "that's love?" What is love anyway? How can we know what love is?
God's word gives us great guidance in this.
1 John 2:16-18 - "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
Jesus deserves so much glory and honor for the great love He showed for us when He laid down His life. I desire to serve Him in such a way that my love for Him has hands and feet, it has movement and action,and it is firmly founded in truth.

No comments:
Post a Comment