Monday, February 4, 2008

Random Monday Thoughts


So, I have a variety of thoughts I decided to just throw out there tonight. First of all, I was incredibly pleased with the outcome of the Super Bowl last night. I did end up scrapbooking after the game because I was so pumped up and couldn't possibly go to sleep. During the half-time show, I was reminded of the time Ryan and I were playing a trivia game and there was a question about necks on a guitar and we came to realize it was possible to have FIVE, which just seems excessive (see the above picture). Remembering this brought fresh laughter and a renewed question of "why?".

On a completely different topic, I was going to start a "fast" of sorts tonight, but then I realized that this Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, so why not wait and make it what I give up for Lent. Thus, starting Wednesday, until Easter, I will no longer watch Seinfeld from 10:00 - 11:00 every night. Instead, I will read my Bible and pray. I hope this will become a habit, my new "power hour" of sorts. It seems the least I can give up to honor the One who gave up so much for me.

So, were you plannning on giving something up, or starting something new, during Lent? Why would a guitar ever need five necks? What does the case look like? This is only a portion of the random thoughts racing through my mind tonight.

No comments: