In one of our devotions for homeschool today, there was a suggested activity. The devotion was based on Philippians 2:14 - "Do everything without complaining or arguing". So, the activitiy was to think of 5 things you're most thankful for that God has given you. Then you draw pictures of these things on the poster, and put the poster up to remind you of these good things when you are complaining or arguing. It was a good exercise for my kids, who, interestingly enough, seemed very convicted about the lesson. I guess there is no denying that they often complain and argue. The kids made their posters, and it was fun to see what they put on them. It got me thinking, what would I put on my poster? So, here are the 5 things I'm most thankful for that God has given me, also known as, my complaint busters:
1. Salvation and Redemption - I'm so grateful that Jesus saved me, and has given me value and worth! Awesome!
2. An Intimate, Personal Relationship with My Savior - Not only did He save me, He desires to be my friend, my rock, my bridegroom. Amazing!
3. The Holy Spirit - What an incredible provision from God - His Spirit, dwelling in me, to help me on this journey. Crazy!
4. Ryan - More than I deserve, beyond what I had imagined, and with him life is so much more fun. Unbelievable!
5. My Children - I learn so much about God from them! They help me to see what it is like for our Heavenly Father. Plus, they are just fun to be around. Wild!
So, what are your complaint busters?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment