
During Christmas break, we went to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago with some friends. At Christmas time, the museum always has a display of different Christmas trees decorated for countries around the world. Madison and I found the Guatemala tree, which happened to be right by the China tree. When we were coming up, I saw a family with, who I assume was, their adopted Chinese daughter. Someone was taking a picture of their entire family in front of the China tree. I like seeing things like this. It gives me hope that someday our daughter will be here, and we'll be doing things like that. I also like seeing 2 little girls at church who have recently been adopted from other countries. They are like living breathing hope to me. My friend who was with us offered to take our family's picture in front of the Guatemala tree. I hope the next time that our baby girl gets to be in the picture with us.

No comments:
Post a Comment