
Today we heard from our adoption agency. Things are not progressing in Guatemala, and they do not see the country developing a new process until the end of this year. That is simply an estimate, and something could happen sooner than that, but based on how things are going with the cases in process, they just don't see the process for new cases being established sooner than that.
So, we have 3 options: Postpone our adoption and wait until the country opens again, transfer to a different country program, or stop altogether. We have no intention of stopping, and we don't feel called to any of the other countries right now, so I guess we're on board for the wait. We don't have to decide right away, so we'll take to pray and to consider everything, and most importantly, to listen for the Lord's wisdom. I'm disappointed, but not discouraged. I have faith that God knows exactly what will happen, so I plan to follow Him and His heart for us. There are moments when I think that such a wait is crazy, but if you read Hebrews 11, maybe waiting isn't so crazy after all.

1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear this news. Like I've told you before, I am so amazed by your faith during all the ups and downs of this process. I wish for all of you there were more ups than downs, but this is all part of His plan. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as always.
Post a Comment